Cloud Migration for Public Relations Leader
One of the world’s leading public relations firms was experiencing challenges in managing its extensive analytics platform. It was deployed in an on-premises data center with outdated software and hardware. PREDICTif designed and successfully executed a plan to migrate their platform to the AWS cloud. By implementing the most recent hardware and big data software, we were able to help them leap 5 versions. The solution dramatically improved both the performance and stability of the platform, while significantly decreasing maintenance and support costs
Download the full case study here.
The customer was in critical need of upgrading its hosting infrastructure and the underlying big data analytics software:
- Its content platform was built on obsolete hardware that was hosted on an on-premises data center, which required daily maintenance and care-feeding by a large team of system specialists.
- Its MapR software was 2 major versions and 10 minor versions behind the currently supported version and had been out of support for several years. This imposed significant risk to its core business that relies on MapR for advanced analytics and data processing.
- The customer was extremely short-handed to support even the existing platform, let alone be able to innovate new solutions for the business.
- Migrated the content platform and applications from an on-prem data center to AWS.
- Upgraded the MapR software to a supported version and deployed it on a multinode AWS cluster, ensuring the performance of the platform meet business’ expectation.
- Utilized Cloudformation templates for architecture-as-code deployments, meeting client’s requirements for maintainability and self-documenting architecture.
- Configured Cloudwatch and detailed monitoring to manage cost and justify spend size.
- Setup Cloudtrail to provide audit logging consistent with industry standards.
- Adopted a proven Cloud migration methodology which enabled the project to be completed on-time and on-budget.
Improved agility in deploying new solutions to support the business in real time
Reduced support resources empowering IT team to focus on innovation
Enhanced robustness on a most updated hardware and software infrastructure