e-Commerce Platform in the Cloud
One of world’s leading semi-conductor brokerage and distribution companies experienced numerous challenges when it attempted to respond to the market faster and establish a customer-vendor e-market. PREDICTif was able to deliver a number of machine learning and artificial intelligence-based solutions for them by leveraging AWS’ ML/AI technology, enabling the customer to reduce lead time by over 68% and inventory by 23% and substantially increase the gross profit.
Download the full case study here.
The customer needed more agility from its IT infrastructure to optimize its operations and stay ahead of its competitors:
- Establish an e-Commerce platform to enable its customers to send requirements and receive quotes in a self-service and automated manner.
- Automate the end-to-end fulfillment process to reduce time from order to delivery.
- Expand its Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) capabilities to reduce guess work by global sales team and propose new leads and upsell/crossproduct sales opportunities.
- Enable its data science team to experiment and research on new models in trusted and secure environment – isolating work from the global user base.
- Reduce the capital investment in IT infrastructure, direct focus on innovation and business solutions.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Implemented an eCommerce platform by leveraging AWS services encompassing EC2, Lambda and RDS services, as well as Elastic Search and MongoDB (for unstructured data).
- Completed a new data warehouse with Redshift for sales and finance information that allows users to drill down to transaction level detail and resolve data integrity issues.
- Delivered AI/ML forecast models using Sagemaker and DynamoDB.
- Ingested 35 years worth of historical data and the corresponding economic and industry data and rendered a comprehensive analytics dashboard that shows trends and hot leads in real time.
- Utilized AWS’ DevOps services to streamline app development process and accelerate project timeline, enhancing the quality of the delivered solutions.
Self-service capabilities empowering customers and vendors and reducing order fulfilling time