Spring is here! Time for the new and fresh and that is exactly what PREDICTif Solutions is creating. We want your energy to match ours! Let’s see what we can create together.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Hadoop Developer to provide brilliant solutions for our clients.
Here’s the deal:
The resource will own the development of product and platform in the Hadoop environment using various technologies including Hadoop, NoSQL, MapReduce and Cloudera based Hadoop platform.
- Responsible for planning and designing next-generation “big-data” system architectures.
- Manage the development and deployment of Hadoop applications.
- Act as subject matter expert and possess hands on delivery experience working on popular Hadoop distribution platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR.
- Establish strong working relationship with business analysts to understand requirements.
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the client’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations with business analyst team and the client.
- Follow design models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes.
- Plan for how code will be organized; how the contracts between different parts of the system will look; and monitor the ongoing implementation of the project’s methodologies.
- Implement all applicable Big Data architecture principles, standards and guidelines in the data, integration, application, infrastructure, solutions, security and technology domains.
- Create High level design document (HLDD) and Low level design Document (LLDD) showing the architecture diagram with pointers to detailed feature specifications of smaller pieces of the design.
- Prepare details documents like business process flows, data flow diagrams, best practice guidelines describing project phases and tasks, deployment scenario for the solution in terms of hardware and software technologies needed etc.
- Establish strong working relationship with Systems Architect to review the design documents and the feasibility of implementing the solution in terms of cost and technology infrastructure availability.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and to estimate cost involved in the solution design proposed and compare with customer’s budgets; develop overall solution implementation plan.
- Communicate and present proposed solutions to client with detailed documents prepared.
- Provide support in implementing application installation, customization, and system integration.
- Support design process re-engineering and make recommendations for continuous design quality improvement purpose.
You’ve done this and did it well:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/computer science or related field preferred; minimum of five (5) or more years of experience in devising and deploying solution designs and/or software development; experience working in a large global IT environment strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in design and implementation of big data applications using Hadoop (MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie) and NoSQL technologies.
- Strong experience in UNIX and Shell Scripting
- Experience in analyzing text, streams with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSql.
- Analyzing data with Hive, Pig and HBase.
- Strong understanding about customer requirements and project objectives
- Strong critical thinking to analyze and solve problems with significant information
- Strong creative thinking to deal with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong team work skills & time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills to present the solution design to customer and other stakeholders convincingly